Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bonjour Mini Album

Hello bloggers and fellow Scrap-addicts!

Firstly, I will say that this blog is loooong over due since this project was a gift I made for 2 of my close friends for Christmas 2011... Well, better late than never, right?? LOL

I created these albums using a mixture of papers that co-ordinated. I used Kaiser Craft-Bonjour & some Chapter One, Websters Pages-Country Estate, Bo-Bunny-Gabrielle(pockets), Fancy Pants-Road Show, American Crafts-Pow Glitter.

I used Maya Road 6x6 chipboard album and Tim Holtz Distress Stain to change the color of the album.


Cover
The frame in the top left corner is a chipboard frame by Tattered Angels, I stained it with Tim Holtz distress Stain, I used my black soot ink pad to rub across the frame to bring out the embossing and then I added a small amount of gold embossing powder to the frame to add more texture & dazzle. I fussy cut out the butterflies and used 3D foam squares to 'pop' them off the page. The ribbons are by Maya Road.

Inside Cover & Page 1
The inside cover was created by cutting and piecing the gorgeous metallic border from a 12x12 sheet to fit the inside of the 6x6 album. Most of he album pages were created using the 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 paper pad from the Bonjour line. I made the mistake of overlooking the fact that the paper pack was 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 and the album I purchased was only a 6x6... So, I had to trim all the pages to fit the album. Again the butterflies were fussy cut from the paper, I also used a ticket corner punch on the photo mat.



 Page 2&3
Page 2, the background paper was embossed/glazed so I used several colors of coordinating inks blended together to bring out the pattern in the paper. I used a flower punch to create the flowers, fussy cut the butterflies & bird. The strip was a Bazzil border that I inked with a brown ink and I added a Websters sparkler. Page 3, I used the Bo-Bunny journaling tags from Gabrielle to create the pocket and added the ruffled ribbon.


 Page 4&5
Page 4, I used a pocket by Maya Road and sprayed it with a mixture of sprays in coordinating colors. The borders on the top and bottom of the pocket are borders by Bazzil that I stained aqua blue. I used Sook Wang tape in 1/4" around the outside edge and glittered the tape with microfine silver glitter by Glamour Glitter. Page 5, the crown & butterfly were fussy cut from the paper and the silver flourish is by Jolees.


 Page 6&7
Page 6, I used Fancy Pants Road Show to create the flap. The dress form is cut out of grunge board using the Tim Holtz mini die cut, I stained it with black soot Distress Stain. I also cut the dress out of paper and cut out only the dress part and added the ribbon. Corner element & butterfly are fussy cut out and 3D popped. Page 7, I used the Bo-Bunny journaling tags from Gabrielle to create the pocket, corner element was fussy cut out and I added a bling gem by Prima.



Page 8&9
Page 9, I created the pocket from a piece of pink cardstock, I wanted it to look like an envelope so I made the flaps triangular with rounded corners and used a small piece of velcro for the closure. The flowers and butterfly are fussy cut. The silver lace at the top of the pocket is fussy cut from S.E.I. Couture.



Page 10&11
Page 10, I used Websters Pages to create this 'door flap'. The bird cage is a Tim Holtz mini die cut out of grunge board and embossed with silver. The closure sliver brads are from CTMH and the bird & butterfly were fussy cut. Page 11, I used another Bo-Bunny journaling tag from Gabrielle to create the pocket, flowers are punched out of the papers, crumpled and layered.



 Page 12&13
Page 12, again I used the Bo-Bunny journaling tags from Gabrielle to create the pocket. Page 13, I used another silver flourish by Jolees and fussy cut butterflies. The ribbon is by Maya Road and I used a Martha Stewart punched out of sliver cardstock across the photo mat.


 Page 14&15
Page 15, I created a different style of envelope pocket with a velcro closure. I added the inside from the Tattered Angels chipboard frame from the cover, I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains & Inks and I embossed the 'C' with sliver embossing powder. I used the 'C' on this album because it was a gift for my good friend Caroll. I also used a corner punch with the silver Pow glitter cardstock to embellish the pocket along with a bling center by Prima.



Page 16 & Back Inside Cover
Page 16, the butterflies are fussy cut out and I used the same glitter paper and punch for the corner accent as  the pocket from the previous page. The design on this page took up most of the space so the mat is small. The Back Inside Cover was created the same as the Front Inside Cover by cutting and piecing the metallic border from a 12x12 sheet to fit the inside of the 6x6 album.


This project was a lot of fun to create and the best part was giving them to friends who appreciated all that went into creating them. I didn't make tracers of the pockets I designed for this album, in hind-sight I wish I had for future use. Anyway, I love the creating process, thanks so much for stopping by and sharing my passion for Scrapbooking!



2 comments:

  1. This album is sooooo beautiful, Michelle! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Michelle! I'm sure they absolutely loved their gifts.I love doing mini albums for gifts.

    ReplyDelete